Tuesday, May 18, 2010

MIA

Heeeelllllooooo..... interwebs! Is that an echo I hear? Why, yes, it must be rather lonely since my blog has gotten a bit dusty of late!

I have an excuse, I swear! It's that blasted thesis...! Which is now signed, sealed & delivered! All that's left is my defense in a week... and then COMMENCEMENT!

Did I think I'd ever make it? Sometimes no.... But well, here we are! Not necessarily a GOOD thesis, but at this point DONE is better than GOOD... amirite, interweb friends, or amirite?


But, well, that's all boring academic-y type stuff that even *I* have little interest in, so I won't bore you with it.

Let's see... let's get you up to speed on the other boring aspects of my life!

Ha-- have I mentioned that I think that's why Jedi & I are so compatible? We're both really low-key people. Our idea of a great night is having pizza in bed and watching the real housewives of_____[fill in the blank... we're addicted. it's sad, I know.]____

So, while I wish I could tell you exciting, amazing things about what's going on with us, there's not too much to report.

I'm still waiting to hear back about the scholarship to Australia (or, barring that, waiting to hear back on any of the other applications I currently have out!) and Jedi is waiting to hear back about jobs as well.

We had a nice mother's day with his family a few weeks ago. Have I mentioned how much I love my future MIL? She is just the SWEETEST person. We went and painted pottery and went yard-saleing (Where I FOOLISHLY, FOOLISHLY passed up a pottery-barn black leather couch that was on sale for $200. I'm still kicking myself! I went back and put a note on the door of the people who were selling it, but no luck!)

We also had a ----dum dum dum --- parents meeting! We all went out to dinner with his family and my family (minus my real mom who lives across the country and is visiting in a few weeks) and his parents & my dad & stepmom got along fantastically. (Kinda scary actually.... his dad & my dad got along great. They can both be rather difficult personalities, but they were both on their best behaviour that night and are now best buds.)

So, well, all is going along swimmingly, I guess!

I will probably be VERY sporadic in posting until the end of June though, just as a warning, due to a cR8zY work schedule! Grrr! Though, if Jedi & I bite the dust, no fears, you shall hear it here first!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing! You are my ThesisHero. :)

And ooooooh, girl, Real Housewives of (Blank). I love them. I love them so much I'll probably watch Bethenny Getting Married. :)

StephanieC said...

Thank you! Thank you!

You and I can totally watch Bethenny Getting Married together!

(BTW-- She was totally my fav last year, but this year she's totally annoying me!) NYC is outta control though!