Saturday, March 16, 2013

Everyday

I am so lucky to have Jedi in my life. He is so incredibly sweet, caring, thoughtful... I could go on and on using as many synonyms as possible, but I'm sure you get the idea.  He says things to me like, "I want to take you out, I want to show you off. I'm so proud you're my wife."

Nutty, right?  (First of all, let me assure you that I am nothing special. I'm shlumpy looking most days, and especially these days when the only other people to see me are my classmates (or my dog.)  And yet, he says this to me even when I haven't showered in 2 days because I'm working on a paper.

I think a big part of it is just that he sees me differently than the rest of the world (and I ) see me.  I keep waiting for his rose-colored glasses to come off, but no matter how many dirty dishes I leave in the sink or how many times I leave my clothes in a pile on the floor, he doesn't lose patience with me. (The only time he really does lose patience with me is when we're running late... And most of the time we're not even "running late" because we don't have an appointment, we're just "running late" because we haven't left by the time he decided in his mind that we needed to leave by.)

I got an apartment near my internship site (did I mention I got the internship at the state hospital? I'm glad I did, but it's 1h15 drive each way... long in our snowy winters.)  I got a great deal-- $200 w/all utilities included, only a few blocks from the hospital. Can't ask for anything better.  I also have a studio that I pay $30/night for near my school... But, that means I will be away from Jedi probably 3-4 days a week, which I know he doesn't like.  I don't like it either, but I'm more of an introvert than he is, and I don't really need to interact with people to be happy-- he does. It makes him nuts when I'm gone even just 1 day a week, as I am now.

I still find it mind-boggling that he misses me the way he does when I'm gone for such short periods.  I mean, I miss him-of course-- when I'm gone, but I don't feel completely bereft either.  It is nice to have someone miss me like that, I suppose, but I also worry about him.  I want him to get out and make friends, but that's not very easy to do where we live.

I still can't believe how amazing he is to me though-- every single day.  There isn't a day that goes by when he hasn't done or said something incredibly thoughtful, just to make sure I know how much he loves me.

No comments: