Thursday, September 29, 2011

Things I used to like

(written on iPad. Forgive typos!)


I have realized that I have a massive list of things I USED to like. In fact, they aree still things I like in theory, and if asked about my hobbies or things that I'm interested I would probably list any of these things... When the awful truth is that I havent done/actively participated/or read any of these things in more time than I caree to admit.

I can't say it's because of Jedi either, as you might think. I know some people lose interest in stuff when they get into a relationship, but that wasn't the case for me. I would say That I haven't had any interet in these things since about 2007 I know, it's weird that I can pinpoint it like that, right? All that happened in 2007 is that I bought my condo, started a new job, and shortly after started a grad program. I'd been blaming my lack of interest in things on the time the grad program took me, but it's now been a year and a half since I finished and still.... Nada.

So, in no particular order, things I used to like:

- mystery novels
- Egyptology
-romance novels
- films that weren't chick flicks or Harry potter
- painting
- sculpting
- creative writing
- scrapbooking
- yoga
- swimming
- day trips to kitschy tourist attractions
- sewing
- theater... Attending, performing, set crew... Nada
- cooking/baking
- cake decorating
- book club
- writing critique group (hard when you have nothing written)
- photography club

Damn! When did I become so boring?! I don't even have kids!(kidding! Mostly...)

I don't know where my zest for life has gone. I'm actually less depressed than I was during the periods of my life I was doing these activities.



... I think there's more, but I can't think of it now.
-

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grad school can suck the life out of you, that's for sure. It's not so much the time as it is the fact that your brain needs more down time because its "up time" is so intense. My bravo tv addiction started in grad school, pre-husband and baby.

I was also less interesting to start with, so...yeah. There's that, too. :)