Thursday, November 5, 2009

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

I have a thing about pillows. If my neck is not at the *perfect* angle when I'm sleeping I end up getting a headache in the morning. I need a pillow that's soft, yet firm, and is not very filled. No big fluffy pillows for me!

I have an old pillow that I've used for years that is kind of on its last legs. It's just not firm enough to support my head anymore but it's been too difficult to find a new pillow that does what I need it to do, so I've kept it.

Apparently Mr.2young has his own pillow issues because a few weeks after spending the nights at my place he asked if it would be ok if he brought his own pillow. Of course, I said.

Woweee, what a pillow! It's perfect! Does everything that I need it to do. He forgot it at my place a few times and I ended up using it. I got a very restful night's sleep.

I asked him where he got the pillow, and when we went shopping on Monday we stopped by Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I bought myself the same pillow.

Except that it wasn't. It was close... but not quite. Perhaps it needs to be broken in more? I'm not sure. Whatever the case, it's just a little *too* firm for me, but it's better than the older one I had so I was still going to use it. I slept on it a few nights, but in the morning, after Mr.2young would leave for work (he leaves earlier than I do,) I would move over to his pillow.

Well, he noticed.

And last night when I went to bed I found that he had exchanged pillows with me so that I could use his through the night. Even though he is very fond of that pillow himself... "It's more important to me that you're comfortable," he said.

Woweee, what a nice guy! It's those little thoughtful things that he does that really make me think he's got long(er)-term potential than I had originally thought.

Another thoughtful thing? My grandparents are moving next month. I'm really rather upset about this since they're moving into a senior residence facility. It was a last-minute, quick decision.

Mr.2young? He hasn't met them... But he's offered to help them move. This isn't an insincere offer either, I know. He's repeated it 3 or 4 times.

I'm very touched.

3 comments:

arf said...

I'm not that picky about pillows, but I hated the flat and hard ones at my boyfriend's place. It took me over a year to get to the point where I hated them so much I bought new ones - which wound up way too plushy until they were worn in.

The first night we tried them, his wound up OFF the bed he hated the new one so much.

jo said...

he sounds like such a sweetheart! and the whole pillow thing just made it even cuter.

StephanieC said...

I think I have decided that my favorite pillow is whichever one he just used... as I totally stole his pillow (my old pillow) back this morning. Hmmm... something about the way he breaks it in, I guess...