Sunday, March 14, 2010

Who are we kidding?

Jedi and I went out of town this weekend (which sounds more exciting than it is...) to visit one of my former colleagues and to do a little shopping. Sadly, for us, a "little shopping" entails at least an hour drive, which explains why we're nearly in April and I still haven't used my Target gift card from Christmas. I haven't been NEAR a Target in since November. (Feel sorry for me... feel very, very sorry!)

So we made our bi-annual pilgrimage to that self-same hallowed store. We wandered around quite a bit, idly gawking at all the shiny, glittery things we could purchase that we would never be able to acquire in our po-dunk town.

Jedi and I have been talking for awhile about getting various pieces of furniture -- such as armoires or storage ottomans-- because at the moment all of his clothing and other possessions live in plastic boxes under my bed.

We came across some flat-pack furniture which was actually quite nice, and on top of that it was discounted 50%. Not bad! After a little thought and discussion, Jedi decided to purchase a dresser.

We had dinner with Npapaya latter that evening, and Jedi said something along the lines of, "Now I can store a few of my things at Hypatia's place."

To which she replied. "Who are you kidding? It's not just Hypatia's place anymore. It's your place too."

Hmmm... I think a few months ago I would have taken issue with that. Now though? I'm surprisingly ok with it.

Jedi put together the dresser as I slept this morning. He woke me up like a little kid at Christmas to show me what he'd done. He said, "Now it doesn't just feel like I'm visiting..." Awww.....

He also said, "You need to watch the knob on this dresser, it's a little loose. So if you put away my laundry, be careful."

Bwahahahaha.... Oh. wait. Was that a intended as a SERIOUS statement? Bwahahahaha..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what I like about Jedi (having never met him, or, um, you!)? He was willing to wait it out until you were ready for these kinds of steps. He didn't freak out, or push. He just waited. That is pretty awesome. :)

(And you are awesome at the boundary thing, too. It's not all him :)

StephanieC said...

Shucks... :-) That's one of the things I like best about him too. Every day, everything he does just reminds of how thoughtful and considerate he is... And how LUCKY I am!!!