Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dipping a toe in the pool again

I've had a few interesting guys contact me recently on eharmony recently. Guys who were close by and had good jobs/education (it matters... maybe I'm a classist bitch, but if you're 35 and working as a supermarket checkout clerk? I'm sorry. We are NOT a match.), and their profiles were reasonably well written.

Ok, I thought, I may as well sign up again, right? What do I have to lose? I mean, I met Science Guy on eharmony, and we certainly get along well. The other guys I've met via eharmony have also been good guys even if they weren't right for me.

I almost immediately regretted it again after paying for it-- mostly because it's so expensive, and once I paid for it I could see peoples' pictures. That's not the be all and end all, but it does matter-- and there are some looks I can't get over. Of the 10 or so people who had contacted me there were only 4 that I wanted to contact after seeing their pictures.

Oh well... It will all be worth it if it works, right?

No comments: