Thursday, October 9, 2008

Actually, a picture is worth a thousand words.

I received a perfectly nice email from a guy with no profile picture.

The message below was at the end.

PS-
I don't really find that pictures change anything in the end. The mind is more important. But if you'd like, I can scrounge up a picture from somewhere, but I'm not very photogenic and as a result, don't have too many.


Now, some may consider me shallow, but frankly-- if you don't have a picture (or a very compelling reason why you don't have one on your profile.... like, say... you're a teacher and you don't want your students finding you (but you're willing to email me a picture).... or.... you're George Clooney, and you don't want someone falling in love with you for your looks-- (That's ok George! I love you for your politics!!!)), then, well, I don't really want to waste my time.

Look. My picture is up there! (In his email, my looks were in fact the very first thing this guy mentioned-) So, um really, your picture should be up there too.

At least it should be if you want a response from me.

No comments: