Thursday, October 9, 2008

"We're sorry, you're just not right for this role. Better luck next time."

Atlas had me and some of his friends over to his house for dinner. He made pasta (Nice gesture.... but worst pasta ever) and we all played games.

It was perfectly nice, and fine, and enjoyable.

And yet........ weird.

So, his friends consisted of "Married couple A", "Married Couple B", and "Married Couple C"..... and.... us.

Mind you, this is the 5th time we've gone out and he hasn't even made a move to hold my hand.

Anyone else have that Sesame Street song in their head? "One of these things is not like the other"? Yea, it was kinda like that.

And while everyone was perfectly nice, everyone was talking marriage, and babies, and I was a little freaked out. It felt less like Atlas was interested in me than it did that I was auditioning for a role.

I may be projecting. I probably am. But that's totally how it felt.

He's asked me to go apple-picking. With his friends.

No comments: