Saturday, September 6, 2008

Girlfriends

Girlfriends are the best!

Sassy Pants had a potluck today which was very funny. The other guests and I ended up trading quite a few bad dating stories (hopefully some of the girls will end up submitting their stories for the blog! One of the stories was particularly good--the guy claimed to have accidentally touched a neurotoxin and he ended up in a coma for a week and that's why he never called her back!)

So, at this luncheon I learned that the coffee date I was supposed to have cancelled. His reason? He was up until 3:30 am the day before.

Now mind you, we were supposed to meet at 3 in the afternoon. Plenty of time, I would think, to recoup from the night before!

NPapaya was horrified to learn that said coffee date was 38 years old... In her opinion she thinks anyone who is 38 should have better sense and more foresight. (I can't disagree.)

She was also kind enough to say that she thought I was much better looking than coffee guy (not true) and that I could do better. Isn't that what friends are for!? To say such nice things to you!?

So, the general consensus was that I shouldn't give coffee guy another shot. I'm inclined to agree.

Anyone have a differing opinion?

No comments: