Thursday, September 11, 2008

Not the one you're thinking of...

Damn it!

Fairly cute guy I met in the spring contacts me about a program I'm running.

We do a little email flirting back and forth... it's all going well...

Until...

He asks me if I'm into triathlons.

Huh?

Now...I am, what you might call, on the curvy side.... No need to be crane-lifted out of my house, but one can tell by looking at me that I prefer an evening with Ben & Jerry to an evening going over the details of Lance Armstrong's wins.

So, I ask this guy-- Are you mistaking me for someone else?

He responds-- Aren't you the one who sends out emails about the after-work bike rides?

Uh. No. No, I am not.

Now that he has realized who I actually am, he seems a little less interested. Damn it.

Another one bites the dust.

No comments: