Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Beautiful Girl

My friend Nell stopped by the office today. I hadn't seen her in awhile, but she was looking tanned and beautiful because she just got back from Puerto Rico. (Yes, I am jealous!)

We got to talking about this and that... (More about THAT in the next post)... And she said to me--

"You know, I've never been asked out once in my life."

I found this to be absolutely shocking.

Nell is gorgeous-- Blonde, blue-eyed, tall, slender,... Everything that society (& fashion magazines) tell me a woman should be!

And yet-- no one has ever asked her out.

Oh, she clarified that yes, she's hung out with guys on what turned out to be dates, or she asked guys out, etc. But no one had ever done that old-fashioned thing of "Hi. Would you like to go out with me sometime."

It's no wonder there are so many dating disasters out there! She's smart, funny, friendly, outgoing... ! If a girl like that can't get a guy to ask her out, what hope do I possibly have?

SHEESH!

No comments: