Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Keep going or give up?

I've had a few half-way ok responses on some of the free sites I'm on lately, but nothing overwhelming.

The guys themselves seemed ok, but they either lived too far away, or there was something else objectionable about them. (Yes, I'm picky, yes I know why I'm single. But, at this point in my life I don't really want to deal with other people's kids from a previous relationship, or similar things.)

Another friend was telling me how she met her husband on Eharmony, and so even though I had marginal luck with it last time (well, hell. I did meet Atlas & Science guy, and they certainly weren't bad, even if they may not be the ones for me), I was thinking about giving it another shot.

It's pricey though. And my head isn't totally in the game. I can't decide if it's worth it at the moment. I feel like you almost have to make dating your second job in order to make it work... and well, at the moment I'm doing (quick mental arithmetic) approximately 4 jobs at the moment, and still trying to find time for friends, working out, and relaxing.

On the other hand it would be nice to find someone to cuddle up on the couch with on those days when I'm feeling completely exhausted by the 4 jobs I'm doing.

$60 for 3 months. Worth it? Not worth it? I can't decide. Thoughts?

2 comments:

lorijill said...

I hear ya. It is like a job. But it does sound like maybe there are some decent guys on Eharm in your area. I'm not saying go for it, but if you want to meet someone and the someone's are there- then...

StephanieC said...

Well, all my friends who have met someone are actually in large metro areas... as opposed to me (I'm in the middle of freaking nowhere.)

I can't win if I'm not in the game, I know.... but it's just so EXHAUSTING.