Saturday, March 14, 2009

A bird in the hand was worth 2 in the ... nevermind.

I had decided to give Science Guy another shot. He's been very sweet, and I realized I really needed to give him more of a chance. Also, in the time we've been "just friends" I've come to enjoy his company.

So, I invited him to get together this weekend. We go back and forth making plans... I kinda flirty. More flirty than usual perhaps. Hey, I'm gonna give this a shot, right?!

He sends me a message shortly afterward. It says: "Hey, I don't want this to be awkward, but I just wanted to confirm that we're just getting together as friends, right? That's all I'm looking for right now."

Oooo. Burn.

My Response: "of course!" (Yeah Right.)

Well, I can't blame him. I didn't expect him to wait around forever. I'm not hurt by it actually, and I'm not bothered by it really... other than the fact that this means back to the cruel world of online dating. It stings a little, but the truth is I was feeling so-so about him this entire time... and no one wants to be someone's second choice, right? So it's probably just as well.

But damn! 2 months ago I had good prospects, and now I'm back to square one. This sucks.

No comments: