Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Out of the Blue

you will NEVER believe who just called me....

Muckraker.

On my work line.

From the other side of the country.

After having been absent since March.

After not answering my emails in April.

But he just called.

Just... yanno... to chat.

He said he had 3 things he wanted to talk to me about.

1) Was I mad at him?

2) what's the latest school news

And then his phone cut out before #3....


WTF was that about?


Do NOT let me go down this road again....!

4 comments:

arf said...

One woman told me that she re-named all her ex's in her phone so that caller ID would read "Do Not Answer" when any of them rang.

Alternately, you could just not pick up.

Perpetua said...

Sounds like a classic case of "the more you ignore me, the closer I get."

For the record, I'd have answered the phone too. It's just too deliciously tempting....

lorijill said...

Ugh. I can't lie. I probably would have answered. But I know this game. It's not fun.

StephanieC said...

Arf- Ha ha! That's great!

Perpetua- Yes, he's king of that, I think

Simone- No, not fun. I'm hating myself a little. (more on that soon.)

Thanks for the commentary! It helps me feel like I'm not alone in this weirdness.

Much more coming soon. The weirdness increases exponentially.