Sunday, September 6, 2009

why I'm a fan of blogs...

Yes, I'm rather voyeuristic, but I'm also rather hopeful by nature as well. I know that's part of the reason I'm fascinated by random blogs I come across. I particularly like ones with archives dating back a year or more so that I can go back and read them.

The reason I like this? I'm a sucker for a happy ending. And going back and reading archives-- reading when someone first went out on that so-so date with the person I know becomes their spouse... or the woman who hopes for a child, and I know she ends up with a baby a year or so later... Those stories thrill me. They make me believe in life and love and mini-miracles.

Maybe that's why I'm sticking with this blogging thing even though the dating thing is not going so well right at this moment. Because maybe someday I'll be able to go back and read my own archives and recognize the strands of inevitability that lead to my own happy ending.
Hopefully.

No comments: